Through hard work and humble dedication to the tile craft, ADEX products have found their way into the homes, churches and businesses of the most distinguished clients around the world. Important figures in entertainment, sports and even royalty have made ADEX part of their environment. The soft brush strokes, sophisticated colors and subtle dimensions are the culmination of more than a century of tradition and craftsmanship.
ADEX is one of the oldest, most historic factories in the tile making region of Spain. Founded in 1897 by Mr. Miguel Piñón Castelló, the original name was “El Siglo” (The Century). The tradition carried on to his son Mr. Miguel Pinon Guinot. Until the present day, the factory is located in the center of the town of Onda (Castellon).
Tiles initially were made in traditional furnaces using ancient pottery crafting techniques. Over time the glazing and artistic abilities became very sophisticated and a large section of the factory was dedicated to making hand-painted tiles and molded decorative pieces.